Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Nick Foles stinks

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Nick Foles stinks
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am
  • Foles was just pulled from the Eagles' season finale after throwing a pick. Now they're using something called "Sudfeld" at QB. Poor Eagles.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Re: Nick Foles stinks
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:36 am
  • Case Keenum and Jared Goff just don't scare me either. Let's just get in and see what happens.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm
  • Ron Jaworski would take him over Russell Wilson
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:32 pm
  • that game is straight garbage
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:Ron Jaworski would take him over Russell Wilson

The guy who called Kaep a HOF?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:12 pm
  • Playing against ur own division, teams tend to know how you play and that made Foles had a bad game today.

Remember when Rams always made RW look bad?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm
  • Redeemed his ass today didn't he
    Woohoo.
    I love anybody that beats the pats in a superbOwlb
    :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:18 pm
  • Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:23 pm
  • hawknation2017 wrote:Foles was just pulled from the Eagles' season finale after throwing a pick. Now they're using something called "Sudfeld" at QB. Poor Eagles.

Time to eat your hat. It was great to see a "bad" QB beat the Pats.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:47 pm
  • BigBill1945 wrote:Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D

Foles played the postseason of his life and Eagles were on a hot 3rd down conversion streak all playoffs too.

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:07 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:Foles was just pulled from the Eagles' season finale after throwing a pick. Now they're using something called "Sudfeld" at QB. Poor Eagles.

HAHAHAHA.

Well done. :2thumbs:
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:Foles was just pulled from the Eagles' season finale after throwing a pick. Now they're using something called "Sudfeld" at QB. Poor Eagles.

HAHAHAHA.

Did...you create a new account just so you could have the year 2018 in your username instead of 2017? :shock:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:

HAHAHAHA.

Did...you create a new account just so you could have the year 2018 in your username instead of 2017? :shock:

I'm pretty sure he does that every year.
    "WHOA, NELLIE!"

RIP Keith Jackson, 1928-2018
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 am
  • The hell...why?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The hell...why?

Because some people don't care about post counts. :les:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:The hell...why?

HEY! Is that a jab at me? I haven't posted a lot because I like a high post count number, I post a lot because I'm vociferous and I like to hear myself speak.

At least I admit it...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:47 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

HEY! Is that a jab at me? I haven't posted a lot because I like a high post count number, I post a lot because I'm vociferous and I like to hear myself speak.

At least I admit it...

No it wasn't. Although there were some people on here who were obsessed with that.

Mine was lost years ago and never corrected. Les and myself were neck to neck for awhile until we changed servers.

Anyway, he could have just asked us to update his username. Hence why I said he didn't care.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 am
  • I think a lot of the success Foles had was due to the college-style concepts Pederson implemented into the offense. I really want to see the Seahawks use at least some of this stuff. I bet Russ would be fantastic in their system. Lots of guys running open or with favorable matchups/spacing. Also, Foles was on fire the past two playoff games.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:16 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    Anyway, he could have just asked us to update his username. Hence why I said he didn't care.

I even offered to, he wasn't fussed.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:11 am
  • Just like everyone predicted at the start of the season.... Nick Foles - Super Bowl winning QB and MVP
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:05 am
  • BigBill1945 wrote:Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D

There is zero decisions about what to do with Foles. He played lights out and will go down in history in Philadelphia. Period.

But you trade him to the highest bidder and you don't think twice about it.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

At least I admit it...

No it wasn't. Although there were some people on here who were obsessed with that.

Mine was lost years ago and never corrected. Les and myself were neck to neck for awhile until we changed servers.

Yup. I wasn't even aware that I could change my username when I first started doing it, but It's become a little annual tradition for me.
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:22 am
  • xkj1985x wrote:
    BigBill1945 wrote:Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D

There is zero decisions about what to do with Foles. He played lights out and will go down in history in Philadelphia. Period.

Foles is deadly accurate when he has time in the pocket. He completed 69% of his passes in 2011 at Arizona.

Under pressure, however, he is usually terrible. Patriots were just not capable of generating any pressure.
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:58 am
  • He stinks? Awesome. He's a Super Bowl champ who was nails as the starter. Especially in the playoffs.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He stinks? Awesome. He's a Super Bowl champ who was nails as the starter. Especially in the playoffs.

It was an off-handed remark from over a month ago after Wentz got hurt and Foles was playing like garbage. :lol:
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

At least I admit it...

Yup. I wasn't even aware that I could change my username when I first started doing it, but It's become a little annual tradition for me.

Shut up newbie. :sarcasm_on:
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:03 am
  • Stunk all the way to Super Bowl MVP.

Way to nail it OP !!!!!
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:HEY! Is that a jab at me? I haven't posted a lot because I like a high post count number, I post a lot because I'm vociferous and I like to hear myself speak.

At least I admit it...

:2thumbs:
    hawknation2018
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 am
  • I know, but it's always fun to poke a little fun. We've all been on the side of some hilarious predictions :)
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:43 am
  • xkj1985x wrote:
    BigBill1945 wrote:Foles played the game of his life. Philly will have some decisions about him to make for next year. He may turn out to be the best back up QB ever based on the playoffs and his win and MVP award in the Super bowl. I hope the OP is enjoying his crow. :D

While I think Foles will be the one to go, I don’t think the decision is quite as easy as you make it sound. If they feel the trade value for Wentz is higher they may consider moving him and adding some more top shelf talent on rookie contracts. Foles was good enough to win one SB, why not even more with more talented around him?
    hawkman
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:00 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    xkj1985x wrote:

While I think Foles will be the one to go, I don’t think the decision is quite as easy as you make it sound. If they feel the trade value for Wentz is higher they may consider moving him and adding some more top shelf talent on rookie contracts. Foles was good enough to win one SB, why not even more with more talented around him?

I think this is crazy talk. The Eagles gave up a bounty to get Carson Wentz (still paying for it in this upcoming draft). They will never be able to recoup what they gave up for him. Not to mention the guy was having an MVP season before his injury and is only 25 years old.

As an Eagles fan, I will sing the praises of Nicky Foles for the rest of my days but the future of this team is with Carson Wentz and I think everybody in the NovaCare Complex knows that. At least, I hope they do.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am
  • It's a great problem to have. Is Foles under contract in 2018? If so, that's some nice trade bait.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's a great problem to have. Is Foles under contract in 2018? If so, that's some nice trade bait.

Yes he is under contract next season.
    hawkman
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:15 pm
  • There's no way they move Carson Wentz over Foles. He was looking like a legit MVP contender up to his injury, it was quite clear he made that second year jump. Foles has been shown to have his limitations and looked quite bad to finish the regular season. It's great he was able to succeed in place of Wentz during the playoffs but you're absolutely foolish if you think the Eagles plan to get picks for Wentz (potential franchise QB) and go with Foles.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Let's not forget that Jeff Hostetler won a sb as a back up then went on to do nothing. I suspect the same will be in Foles case. He will get traded and get a contract but I don't expect him to be a bona fide starter.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:12 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:HEY! Is that a jab at me? I haven't posted a lot because I like a high post count number, I post a lot because I'm vociferous and I like to hear myself speak.

At least I admit it...

I smiled, well played!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 am
  • I was just about to post Flacco, but Cyrus nailed it with Hostetler.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 am
  • Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

Yeah. They're optimistic he can be back by the pre-season, but puts them in kind of a bind, as the real trade value they can get for Foles will have passed by the time they can be fully confident that Wentz is fully back.

I dunno. If I'm the Eagles I trade Foles, bring someone in, and roll the dice on that.

The Eagles have an expensive roster and are light on draft picks. Replenishing their draft with a Foles trade is worth that gamble, IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

I think they’re quoting training camp for his return. May well be on the optimistic side, though.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:I dunno. If I'm the Eagles I trade Foles, bring someone in, and roll the dice on that.

Agreed. It's a bit of a gamble, but most likely, it's a solid long-term move and that's what you should work toward with a young franchise QB on your roster.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

I think they’re quoting training camp for his return. May well be on the optimistic side, though.

I think they’ve proven to have a solid coaching staff that’s willing to play to the strengths of key players. That being said, I’d keep Foles as long as he’ll stay. Best 2nd string QB in the league. If I’m Foles? I gun for a trade to AZ or Denver for the money.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 pm
  • I'm not up to date with the medical literature on knee ligament injuries, but Wentz tore his ACL and LCL. I think AP might've skewed perception on how easy it is to recover from ACL injuries. The fastest times for recovery are supposed to be six months, but from what I know, most orthopods recommend closer to nine months. That puts him right up against training camp, so I can see that. The LCL tear has to add another dimension, right?

Shead sustained ACL and meniscus tears and it took him about 11 months to recover. I'm just not sure he'll be ready before week 4. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong, he's a heck of a competitor, but a lot of the healing process is out of his hands.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Didn't wentz tear his knee up in December? How is he going to start the season?

I think they’ve proven to have a solid coaching staff that’s willing to play to the strengths of key players. That being said, I’d keep Foles as long as he’ll stay. Best 2nd string QB in the league. If I’m Foles? I gun for a trade to AZ or Denver for the money.

Yeah from Foles' side his time to cash in is now. Bet he wished he signed a one year deal instead. He'd have got serious money in March.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information