Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Trouble in paradise

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Trouble in paradise
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: Trouble in paradise
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:23 pm
  • Eh, that sucks for them I guess, but when you have as many picks as they do and as much cap space, you can afford to make those kinds of mistakes and choose risky players. A margin for error another team in the NFCW couldn't really afford...
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm
  • He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?

I would assume it’s 4 games, but I could be wrong.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 pm
  • omg weed!?!?! no way ban him for life!
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 pm
  • SF49r wrote:omg weed!?!?! no way ban him for life!

It's stupid that weed is such an infraction; but that can't change in the NFL until it's legal nationwide. However, what's even more stupid is how many guys aren't smart enough to just give that crap up for the duration of their NFL careers.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SF49r wrote:omg weed!?!?! no way ban him for life!

It's stupid that weed is such an infraction; but that can't change in the NFL until it's legal nationwide. However, what's even more stupid is how many guys aren't smart enough to just give that crap up for the duration of their NFL careers.

Yup, totally agree. Irony is you have to party when your young when you shouldn't, then have no interest in it when your old when you can.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 pm
  • Its disappointing if only because the NFL rules are a bit arcane on the subject and he should know that, but I'm not overly concerned.

From what I've read it may void the guarantee in his contract (not the money itself) and might cost him a fine of two game checks but no suspension.

Just hoping he makes some better decisions. It is a part of the reason he was available at 31 to begin with so I guess its just a part of the risk.

Also worth noting that he is a big reason they wanted Ken Norton on staff as a mentor and why they let Ray Ray Armstrong go (bad influence). Reuben and Ray Ray were out late clubbing and nearly got mugged.

I only hope they get it in check. So much talent and ability there. I've already seen it dashed once with Aldon Smith.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

Yeah its stupid, also if he wanted to smoke so bad he should at least do it in a state where its actually legal unlike Alabama lol
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:35 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Yeah its stupid, also if he wanted to smoke so bad he should at least do it in a state where its actually legal unlike Alabama lol

No kidding. So many stupid rookies every year, it blows my mind.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SF49r wrote:Yeah its stupid, also if he wanted to smoke so bad he should at least do it in a state where its actually legal unlike Alabama lol

Pretty much, character is a huge part of the draft. We are starting to see the effects of taking a top 5 pick when it comes to talent in the #31 slot.
    Last edited by SF49r on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 pm
  • SF49r wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    SF49r wrote:Yeah its stupid, also if he wanted to smoke so bad he should at least do it in a state where its actually legal unlike Alabama lol

Pretty much, character is a huge part of the draft. We are starting to see the effects of taking a top 5 pick in the #31 slot.

Carroll's a big "second chance" guy, we've been there, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SF49r wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Pretty much, character is a huge part of the draft. We are starting to see the effects of taking a top 5 pick in the #31 slot.

Maybe too much for his own good, just look at the Bevell/Cable situation you guys had lol
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:00 pm
  • I agree the whole weed thing is stupid, and it should be legal everywhere if you are over 21.

But rules are rules!

I cannot partake and weed is legal here in Washington due to my job where they can test us at anytime.
    I’m less than 6 years away from retirement and don’t want to lose my pension, medical/dental benes, paid vacation etc etc.
    And this guy has shit ton more to lose than I do, and is too stupid figure it out.

Might be Alldumb Smith 2.0

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:20 pm
  • SF49r wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    SF49r wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:No kidding. So many stupid rookies every year, it blows my mind.

Maybe too much for his own good, just look at the Bevell/Cable situation you guys had lol

Loyalty is PC’s biggest strength..... it’s also his biggest weakness.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Maybe too much for his own good, just look at the Bevell/Cable situation you guys had lol

Yeah, we kept that dead weight around toooooooooooo long. Agreed. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:59 pm
  • Really sucks because I don't agree with people that say "weed is natural". It is not good for you but alcohol is 100x worse and is legal.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:Really sucks because I don't agree with people that say "weed is natural". It is not good for you but alcohol is 100x worse and is legal.

I'm not aware of any conclusive evidence that links alcohol being bad for you if used in moderation. Same with weed. Care to throw out a link or two?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

The thing is, even if weed were fully legalized, the NFL has no reason to change their drug policy. In everyday life, Joe Schmoe will be fired from his job at Boeing or Microsoft if he tested positive for marijuana, just as he'd be fired if he went to work drunk. NFL players get more chances than Joe Schmoes, especially first round picks, so I won't shed a tear for any time he lost, and I would feel the same way if it was a Seahawk. There are plenty of ways you can smoke pot nowadays without placing yourself in that situation, so getting caught was his own fault. Just my opinion.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 am
  • With almost half the states now allowing it is just a matter of time before the Feds after this next election possibly finally make it legal.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:57 am
  • WmHBonney wrote:He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?

He wasn’t technically in the league during the Combine, so this will only be categorized as his first offense, and it is already being reported as such.

As a result, it is being reported that he will only lose a couple game checks with no suspension.

The real question is if the Niners will yank the guarantees from his contract...
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:Really sucks because I don't agree with people that say "weed is natural". It is not good for you but alcohol is 100x worse and is legal.

I'm not aware of any conclusive evidence that links alcohol being bad for you if used in moderation. Same with weed. Care to throw out a link or two?

Never used the word moderation. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Here’s How Many People Fatally Overdosed On Marijuana Last Year
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:15 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

The thing is, even if weed were fully legalized, the NFL has no reason to change their drug policy. In everyday life, Joe Schmoe will be fired from his job at Boeing or Microsoft if he tested positive for marijuana, just as he'd be fired if he went to work drunk. NFL players get more chances than Joe Schmoes, especially first round picks, so I won't shed a tear for any time he lost, and I would feel the same way if it was a Seahawk. There are plenty of ways you can smoke pot nowadays without placing yourself in that situation, so getting caught was his own fault. Just my opinion.

Big difference between high on game day, and high on a day with no game or practice.

Just like how you don't get fired for having a few drinks AFTER work, out at the bar with coworkers or in the privacy of your own home.

Agreed about being smarter in where you do it, though.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 pm
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?

He wasn’t technically in the league during the Combine, so this will only be categorized as his first offense, and it is already being reported as such.

As a result, it is being reported that he will only lose a couple game checks with no suspension.

The real question is if the Niners will yank the guarantees from his contract...

Taken directly from the article.....

"Because of the diluted sample, Foster entered the league in the substance abuse program."
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Its disappointing if only because the NFL rules are a bit arcane on the subject and he should know that, but I'm not overly concerned.

From what I've read it may void the guarantee in his contract (not the money itself) and might cost him a fine of two game checks but no suspension.

Just hoping he makes some better decisions. It is a part of the reason he was available at 31 to begin with so I guess its just a part of the risk.

Also worth noting that he is a big reason they wanted Ken Norton on staff as a mentor and why they let Ray Ray Armstrong go (bad influence). Reuben and Ray Ray were out late clubbing and nearly got mugged.

I only hope they get it in check. So much talent and ability there. I've already seen it dashed once with Aldon Smith.

....or not. Would have loved to have him as a mentor for Reuben.

Not sure of him as a DC though after his stint in Oakland.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information